*CALLING ALL SQUASH PLAYERS*
Depending on numbers signing up there will be 8 teams of 6 players contesting the "DEL Summer Challenge".
Entry is £10 per player payable on the first night of the tournament. This will entitle the player to a free drink and food at the bar on the Finals Night (anticipated to be Wednesday 23rd August).
PLAYERS OF ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME TO ENTER, HOWEVER, THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PLAYERS ENTERING WILL BE CAPPED TO 48 THEREFORE IT MAY BE A CASE OF FIRST COME FIRST SERVE IN THE EVENT OF OVER SUBSCRIPTION. ANY LATER ENTRIES WILL BE RESERVES.
IF YOU ARE AWAY FOR PART OF THE SUMMER PLEASE DON'T LET THIS DETER YOU FROM ENTERING!
The format is designed to cater for people being on holiday as there are free weeks as well as not all players are involved every game.
The detailed rules can be found below..
Lets have some competitive fun and get to know everyone playing squash in the club!
DEL SUMMER LEAGUE FORMAT AND RULES
- Dependent on sign up level there will be a maximum of 8 teams of 6 players. Should there be less than 48 players sign up, the number of teams and players per team will be adjusted by the organiser accordingly. The rest of the rules below apply to a 6 player team format. The rules will be modified by the organiser should the sign up level not be sufficient.
- 4 players will play on any 1 night for the team.
- Every player in the team must play at least 4 games, injuries permitting. If a player is injured the organiser must be informed and a replacement of similar standard will be found (either from the reserves or from a team that is not playing on the night).
- Each team must appoint a captain who is responsible to ensure his team are able to play each week, to comply with the tournament rules and to liaise with the organiser in the event a team cannot be fielded (replacements will be found so that there is always a team fielded).
- No single player in a team may play more than 6 games in the event of an 8 team format.
- Scoring will be PAR first to 11. In the event of 10-10, then it is sudden death (ie first to 11). Best of 5 games.
- From a team perspective every game won equals a point. The winning team each night gets a bonus of 5 points. In the event of a draw, both teams get a 2 point bonus.
- Players will be seeded 1 to 6 in each team by the organiser. If on a given night a player is drawn to play a seed lower then the lower seed gets a 2 point start in each game. If there is a 2 seed gap (the most there can be) then the lower seed gets a 4 point start a game.
- Games will be played Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm using 3 courts (this means if there are 8 teams, only 6 will play on any given night apart from the final night of the tournament when all teams will play and all 4 courts will be needed).
- The first night of the tournament will be Wednesday 28 June and the final night will be final night of the tournament will be Wednesday 23 August assuming 8 team format.
- Entry is £10 per head which will entitle each entrant to a free drink and some food in the bar on the last night. Entrance fees to be given to your team captain on the first night of play.
- Sign up by replying to the email or on the sheet on the squash noticeboard or by letting Steve Burr know.